Themis Legal Capital provides working capital and risk management solutions for law firms with portfolios of contingent fee commercial cases. The proceeds can be used to smooth and accelerate case flows from their cases, provide more efficient funding of the out-of-pocket costs of their cases and free up resources to expand their case load.
Value Proposition for Law Firms
- Funding offers a flexible tool to respond to client’s desire for alternative fee arrangements
- Enables firm to take a case even where claimant is unable to pay usual billing rate
- Ensures an adequate budget to retain the best third party advisors
- Provides a second opinion on case merits, settlement offers, and damage analysis
- Can enable firm to leverage its contingent fee portfolio to smooth the payment curve, reduce risk and build capacity to accept more cases